Sunday, August 14, 2011

Recruiter told me to lie So I Did, Regret it and still want to serve?

Don't lie. I speak from experience--all though mine is a little different. I had to see a counselor because of my major in college (psychology) well I too answered "Have you been to see a counselor" with a no. under advisement of my recruiter this question only was referring to seeing one because of issues, etc. That made sense to me, I mean after all anyone who goes ot public and some private highschools sees a guidance counselor. The counselor I spoke with during college was a career counselor. Long story short about half way through basic another recruit and myself were talking and the above was mentioned. Someone overheard us and reported us to our RDC's that we lied on application. My dream was ripped out from under me. now here I am trying for a second time to get my re-4 code changed (I know I know only about 30% accomplis this, its worth a shot). So my advice if you do stay with your answer keep your lips sealed during basic--if you can change it before then you might consider it. REally its up to you--do what your heart tells you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment